Finally, my HTC G1 Dev Phone running Android OS has arrived!
It could not be shipped directly to Denmark so it had to make a detour via Germany.
The phone arrived in a small plain white box without any branding whatsoever. The box contained:
- The HTC G1, no branding, but with the specially designed developer battery cover
- Battery charger. Danish users: an adaptor is needed, see photos
- Head phones that connect directly to the micro usb port
- Micro usb to usb cable
- A quick set up guide
A 1 Gb MicroSD card was already installed in the phone.
After activating 3G service at Telmore (danish mobile phone provider) I was able to sign in and start using the phone.
“Settings” -> “About phone” says:
- Model number: Android Dev Phone 1
- Firmware version: 1.0
- Baseband version: 62.33.20.08H_220.127.116.11
- Kernel version: 2.6.25-01843-gfea26b0 android-build@apa27 #6
- Build number: dream_devphone-userdebug 1.0 UNLOCKED 116222 test-keys